Topic: Potential bug with Njerpez "Raids"  (Read 863 times)

Felis_Citrus

« on: July 16, 2024, 11:47:51 AM »
Recently, during a village razing run, I cooped up in a settlement. I had noticed some Njerpez on the zoomed out view but wanted to take the opportunity to let them raid the village so I can come in and murder everything that survived. Timeline of the raid from my POV:

1. Njerpez shot a blacksmith who immediately fell unconcious, and then shot me.

2. I ran up to the Njerpez and wounded him, got mauled out of sight by dog.

3. Proceeded to chase Njerpez raider, but a Kaumo peasant attacked me. He ceased his attacks a short while later saying "There! Will you behave now?" or something similar.

4. I hid in a house full of people to force duels between Njerpez and me.

5. Dog and Njerpez ran in house, but the women who were sleeping woke up. Even though the dog was definitely Njerpez, as well as the Njerpez in front of me attacking me, the women just went back to sleep without attacking.

6. I died shortly after from dog.

Either there is a bug here, or the villagers are just programmed to not attack unless they are attacked first even by Njerpez raiders, which is inconsistent with the lore considering the Kaumo should be knowledgeable on Njerpez raids. Furthermore, unless I did something that made them happy, it was weird that the peasant attacked me after I attacked the Njerpez. Moreover, it seems that the villagers arent alerted if one dies by a Njerpez raider. Before the blacksmith was shot, I saw a log saying "you heard a swear in the South". Either that was directed at me, or a villager was attacked by a Njerpez and the other villagers werent alerted. I have an issue with this considering if the player attacks an awake villager, all other villagers wake up and attack.

Please tell me if villagers are supposed to be hostile towards Njerpez, or I was just doing something wrong.

anything