Topic: Old carpentry crafting  (Read 901 times)

SrTranquilico

« on: August 24, 2024, 10:57:52 PM »
After installing the BAC mod I have lost the option to create some old stuff like arrows, spears, etc, how can I find all of that now¿ Thanks!

Galgana

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 01:17:09 AM »
Any DIY crafting recipes that use *CARPENTRY* skill in its header will populate the Carpentry skill menu.
Besides the Make Menu, there are 2 other methods for accessing Carpentry recipes:
  • select Carpentry on the skills screen
  • key combo Alt+Y (or a custom hotkey in case you may have edited the file ini_skills.txt under the game's main directory)

Note that BAC adds a lot of items, which may not all fit within the crafting submenu's 25-keys cap.
If the weapons you wish to craft aren't available under Skills → Carpentry, try checking the weapons crafting submenu.
And if you can't find the weapons submenu, open any menudef text files in your game directory to get some idea of the submenu names under which modded content has been organized. These names ought to correspond to the file names used in BAC's DIY text files.

TheyCallMeSibs

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2024, 02:26:07 PM »
Arrows are still in the make menu - shift + m, arrows.
With spears, do you mean javelins? They are in Make, Weapons.

If with spears you mean the old BAC spears, we now use the vanilla hafting menu. Make a spearhead through Make, Smithing and Make, Toolmaking, then use Make, Hafting to haft it.

BAC adds a lot, but I made sure it all fit within the menus. At least, it should. ;)

anything