Topic: BAC 3.84  (Read 2450 times)

TheyCallMeSibs

« on: August 14, 2024, 06:06:35 PM »
Hiya,

Here's my updated version of BAC for 3.84.
V1:
- Tool smithing overhaul, with hafting integration.
- Tool wear on mod recipes.
- Menu Tetris
- Updates to vanilla recipes
- Balance tweaks to a few recipes.

v1.1:
- Removed test items
- Credited mod guide
- Rebalanced primitive yarn

v1.2:
- Added missing BIY files

v1.3:
- Added missing building guts (fireplace, benches etc).

Find something wrong, not working or have input? Poke me on discord or leave it here :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 10:25:21 AM by TheyCallMeSibs »

TheyCallMeSibs

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2024, 06:10:10 PM »
[reserved]

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2024, 12:18:36 AM »
i made an account so i could thank you... shame the other guy had a meltdown, but honestly seems like he was looking for an excuse to pass off the responsibility. I don't blame him.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 12:20:31 AM by prodigiousbastard »

McKwack

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2024, 02:30:25 AM »
i made an account so i could thank you... shame the other guy had a meltdown, but honestly seems like he was looking for an excuse to pass off the responsibility. I don't blame him.

Can't really blame Brygun to have that meltdown, really.. If you follow this Steam discussion as well as this one, you'd understand why he had that meltdown in the first place..  :-[

Back to the topic at hand:
Thanks for updating this mod to be compatible with 3.84, @TheyCallMeSibs !!!
You're not just a legend, you're EPIC as well !!!  ;D

Will try the next time I could sneak some 'me' time out of the kids' prying eyes..  ;)

PS, mind if I spread this good news to the Steam community as well? Will link to your original post above so they'd know who should take the credit for this mod's return. :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 02:31:59 AM by McKwack »

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2024, 02:42:07 AM »

Can't really blame Brygun to have that meltdown, really.. If you follow this Steam discussion as well as this one, you'd understand why he had that meltdown in the first place..  :-[
I don't blame him, but those links only show him bickering with some other user, but I can see why he was frustrated with the patches breaking his mod. I'm sure it would get tedious after a while. Although as stated by other users and the creator as well, he seems to be working on the issue that Brygum was complaining about.

TheyCallMeSibs

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2024, 10:20:52 AM »

Back to the topic at hand:
Thanks for updating this mod to be compatible with 3.84, @TheyCallMeSibs !!!
You're not just a legend, you're EPIC as well !!!  ;D

Will try the next time I could sneak some 'me' time out of the kids' prying eyes..  ;)

PS, mind if I spread this good news to the Steam community as well? Will link to your original post above so they'd know who should take the credit for this mod's return. :)

Good idea! All done :)

And I'm just glad we recovered the mod files. When there's people communicating on the internet, there will always be conflict.
No need to drag Bryg through the mud just because of a hot temper.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 10:25:01 AM by TheyCallMeSibs »

TheyCallMeSibs

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2024, 10:57:37 PM »
I've modified the version to remove a leftover test item or two, credit the mod guide properly and rebalance the primitive yarn. Updated the main post with the v1.1 :)

TheyCallMeSibs

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2024, 11:39:53 AM »
Aaaand added the missing BIY files. Oops!

treahblade

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2024, 09:36:25 PM »
On macOS i am getting crashing after installing the files. Not sure why and I vaguely remember something very similar occurring before and cant really remember what I did to fix the crashing.  Does anyone else remember how to get this installed on a Mac system?

EDIT: I did a file verify on steam and this seams to have fixed the problem. I am unsure however if it overwrote some recipe files tho.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2024, 09:53:28 PM by treahblade »

Charlie Beare

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2024, 10:15:00 PM »
On macOS i am getting crashing after installing the files. Not sure why and I vaguely remember something very similar occurring before and cant really remember what I did to fix the crashing.  Does anyone else remember how to get this installed on a Mac system?

EDIT: I did a file verify on steam and this seams to have fixed the problem. I am unsure however if it overwrote some recipe files tho.

I had the same problem. To uninstall a previous version and reinstall a new one, you basically have to delete the entire contents of UrW.app and reinstall it. Luckily, since the app is tiny, this should be easy.

In other words, don't just uninstall and reinstall, literally delete the entire contents of steamapps/common/UnReal World
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 10:17:20 PM by Charlie Beare »

Privateer

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2024, 06:15:29 PM »
Not sure why and I vaguely remember something very similar occurring before and cant really remember what I did to fix the crashing.  Does anyone else remember how to get this installed on a Mac system?

I remember a Mod issue that used to crash Mac OS, If I recall it had to do with something like; file name over 8 x 3 in the truetile image name.. Or a missing image file in truetile. I also remember something having to do with the background color of srites, but I don't think the last caused crashes.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

TheyCallMeSibs

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2024, 08:12:54 PM »
I'm also aware that some internal building guts have gone missing. I'll fix it when I get home from vacay

Ukhata

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2024, 11:28:42 PM »
i cant seem to find the fireplace in the build menus after installing this mod

am i overlooking something?

TheyCallMeSibs

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2024, 10:26:05 AM »
i cant seem to find the fireplace in the build menus after installing this mod

am i overlooking something?

Yeah, see the above post. It's fixed now, so feel free to grab the newest version from up above :)

anything