Topic: A lot of "Whoa"?! How to go on now?  (Read 402 times)

Jugger69

« on: June 11, 2024, 10:54:58 AM »
Hi!

I may have overdone it with farming - right next to my homestead. Yes, I know I should not have done it but it just happened.   ::)

I am getting a lot of "Whoa, items all over the place!" messages. So many in fact that I can not play the game anymore.

Is there a way to save my game?

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 09:22:17 PM »
This has happened to me before, too! It used to be that if you planted a big field like this, you'd start losing items. Now, this warning appears a while before you reach the game's limit, so probably your items will be safe but you should still take some precautions -- better safe than sorry and that's a lot of plants.

Take any loose items that you want to keep -- your spare axes and your spare clothes and all the random stuff that characters acquire and put them at least 3 world map tiles away from the edge of your giant field.

Some plants may disappear due to the limit but most of your harvest will be fine. You'll have enough food to eat for years.

When it comes time to harvest, stack the harvested plants neatly, 10000 nettles in a single pile count as one item for the sake of this limit.

In the future, if you leave two blank rows between each row of crops, you won't hit the limit. I like to do cellular automata patterns like the sierpinski triangle for my fields beause this pattern will automatically fill only a third of the space.

Jugger69

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2024, 10:29:44 AM »
Thank you Plotinus!

I collected all the stuff that was lying around - even the plentiful bait I used at each of my hundred traps in that area. I burned a lot of junk ( "some call it treasure"  ;D ) and stacked some lumber. The message is gone now.

I would really appreciate it if this issue could be resolved. It should not be difficult to up that limit (30 years ago .. yeah .. that might have been hard with memory limits and all - but today?).

anything