Topic: Had a dream about Unreal World  (Read 351 times)

Fineland

« on: June 04, 2024, 08:34:09 PM »
Yesterday I had a dream were I was playing unreal world, whole dream was in the perspective of the game so no manually hitting keys in a dream.
In the game I was being constantly harrased by ever aggresive bears plus for some reason polar bear.
Even while I was visiting villages there were at least 5 on screen milling about until I was seen by them.
Character didnt die but constantly got damaged.
What the hell does this mean? Did any of you guys ever experience this?

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2024, 09:16:13 PM »
It means you've been playing it a lot. It happens to me too if I do something a lot

JP_Finn

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2024, 09:28:41 PM »
Subconscious problem solving.
Dreams, the (daily) brain reboot. Avoids glitches in buffer overflow. Hope you don’t ever have to go over 3days /72h with 0 sleep. (Hallucinations can start around 68-70h, thanks mil.fi)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2024, 07:31:30 PM »
Yesterday I had a dream were I was playing unreal world, whole dream was in the perspective of the game so no manually hitting keys in a dream.
In the game I was being constantly harrased by ever aggresive bears plus for some reason polar bear.
Even while I was visiting villages there were at least 5 on screen milling about until I was seen by them.
Character didnt die but constantly got damaged.
What the hell does this mean? Did any of you guys ever experience this?

Hey, I really liked  to hear this. Thanks for sharing.
In the early years of the game development, after really intense coding sessions, I've sometimes dreamed in programming language, in C to be precise.
I mean that all my thinking and communicating in the dreamworld happened with programming language. As an example, instead of thinking "Hmm. There's a boogie man over there, maybe I should run." I thought as
while (!boogieman)
run();
for (i=0;i<100;i++)
fatigue--;
etc.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything