Topic: Ability to know language?  (Read 1992 times)

Kouvostoliitto

« on: June 04, 2024, 02:52:01 PM »
I got an idea. Ability to know the language. I think there are 4 cultures with different languages ​​in the area: merchants, Sámi, Finns, and Njerpez. Everyone knows sign language, but to have better contact would it be good to know a foreign language?

McKwack

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2024, 02:24:34 AM »
I would have thought that everyone in the game simply speaks Finnish (translated to English for the convenience of us players). CMIIW?

Kouvostoliitto

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2024, 12:51:21 PM »
I would have thought that everyone in the game simply speaks Finnish (translated to English for the convenience of us players). CMIIW?
Another new idea: clothes and wisdom.
- Nowadays, it is easy to kill a guy who went hunting etc. as a friend, and take his things, and exchange them for other things, for example in his own village. So the problem is that today the villagers don't recognize their friend's clothes.
- Wisdom could be added to the villagers' dialogues. Insofar as, for example, there is more than one person saved from the claws of the beast, whose belongings would have to be picked up, there would be a short piece of wisdom for everyone to share.
It would be nice to be able to ask old people for teachable wisdom as well.
- But the language... would mean that the conversation with the njerpez would be in Russian? Well, if someone wants to learn that language, or understand it, like me.

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

Yes, this what i also mean.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 12:57:43 PM by Kouvostoliitto »