Topic: Discontinued  (Read 26025 times)

Cavanoskus

« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2024, 01:57:28 PM »
This is the latest version, downloaded June 7 2024. I hope this helps whoever decides to continue it. (I can't do it myself; somewhat ironically I don't actually use it, but I downloaded it to see how certain things were done. Sadly I'm not experienced enough with modding yet.)

Mrprofilen

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2024, 08:45:03 PM »
This whole situation seems so blown out of proportion. People are free to disagree with how a developer is steering their game, but when I originally read the beginning of the thread, I expected to see the developer saying something quite unfair (or bad). I just don't see the "aggression".

Now, there's a chance I am just inept and that I have misunderstood the whole situation. It's sad to see a great mod be discontinued over this. But I understand that everyone has their own views and can make their own decisions based off of what they have read/seen. If I have misunderstood this, I would love for you to point it out to me, I'm always down for a discussion.

Lastly, I would like to thank you for all the work you've done with the mod (everyone involved as well), regardless of whether it gets continued or not. UnReal World is good on its own, but this mod truly gave me a lot of enjoyment.

TheyCallMeSibs

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2024, 01:33:47 PM »
Just as a heads up: Now that we've found some mod files, I'm updating it to 3.84. I'll make a new thread when it's done :)

chad

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2024, 07:09:34 PM »
Just as a heads up: Now that we've found some mod files, I'm updating it to 3.84. I'll make a new thread when it's done :)

legend

TheyCallMeSibs

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2024, 06:09:17 PM »

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2024, 12:21:51 AM »
You say you want someone to continue your work and carry on updating the mod. I agree that this would be good.
However it seems all of the most recent updates have been removed from the forum- so a) the mod is far less available to the community, and b) anyone wishing to update the mod will have 2 extra years of changes to work through.

I can say from experience that finns are very direct and straightforward, and this can sometimes catch people (from different cultures) off-guard and lead to misunderstandings. I don't think the devs had any bad intentions and if you look at the latest devnotes it seems they're implementing the features suggested.

Overall I'd wish that you don't bite your nose off to spite your face. Long hours of hard work have clearly been put into this and I think many people are grateful for that, so it's a shame for it to just vanish. Even if you understandably don't want to keep updating, surely it would be better to leave a legacy than a void, especially considering the "community" aspect.

unfortunately you were a day too late, your words fell on deaf ears. the guy stopped logging in on the 30th.

TheyCallMeSibs

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2024, 03:03:38 PM »
I think it's time to give this a rest.

Tempers flared, Bryg is gone, the mod is not lost and can be maintained by the community.
We should be thankful for the years of maintenance and not dwell on the sour end. :)

Privateer

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2024, 06:40:03 PM »
 It's a thankless work. Good on you for picking it up.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2024, 07:32:59 PM »
I think it's time to give this a rest.

Tempers flared, Bryg is gone, the mod is not lost and can be maintained by the community.
We should be thankful for the years of maintenance and not dwell on the sour end. :)
Not dwelling on anything, and I do agree with you. Just telling the other guy he was a day too late.

anything